Monday, November 3, 2008

Mom's surgery

I just wanted to give a quick update on Mom's surgery today for those who I don't have email for. For those of you who don't know she had a hysterectomy and her bladder tacked up this am. She has done great all day ~ staying awake and visiting. Better than me, I about passed out when the nurse (Alicia, she's wonderful) started describing more than I wanted to know! Mom has only pushed the morphine pump once (I thought she should pump it all day). This evening she was starting to get uncomfortable, but not in much pain. In the morning, they say will be the worst when the doctor sees her. I know she would appreciate prayers for that! If all is well, she should be home tomorrow afternoon. Good thing Cindy is here, she is a great nurse. Dad and I, we are just there for entertainment purposes only! Thanks for all the prayers!!!

By the way, Happy, happy birthday to AMY!!! Sorry I haven't called!!!

3 comments:

thewilliamson.family said...

She will be in my prayers for sure. I am glad it went well. Mom had this surgery 6 weeks before my wedding. I understand how she feels that you are only around for entertainment purposes, that's why we let you hang out with us as well. Just kidding you are a great friend. There has to be one sibling that can take care of our parents when they get old and one to make them laugh. Everyone has a place and both make them feel better. DOn't make her laugh too much though.

Anonymous said...

Tell Gigi we're thinking about her and praying for her! Susan and crew

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Isn't it great how God created us differently so we complement one another! I know your mom is glad to have you to make her laugh. Glad it all went well. Keep us posted!