Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween







Before I had kids, I always said we would be those cute kids on Halloween that matched. My favorite being, of course, a MSU football player and MSU cheerleader. Then I had kids and learned quickly there are no matching outfits for superheroes and princesses, so alas, I gave up on my dream of cute matching Halloween costumes. Unlike Presley who pulled it off with THREE kids! So this year on Halloween day, Andrew had dress up like Disney at school. He, unfortunately could not wear his Boba Fett (Star Wars) costume to school, so he decided to wear Mr. Incredible. At school, one of his classmates had on a Power Ranger costume, so when Andrew got home, he decided to be a Power Ranger for Halloween. The big surprise was Anna. If you know Anna, she is incredibly girly, so when she announced she also would be a Power Ranger, I was shocked. They looked cute in their matching Power Ranger outfits, however, not the cute that I would pick out on the one year I would get to dress them the same! Oh well, I guess you know who runs things at our house! Maybe I will put my foot down next year!?!

Also you will find a picture of Anna and me curving the pumpkin. Andrew was completely grossed out from sticking his hand inside the pumpkin and quickly decided he was done! I guess he gets that from me. I am afraid a doctor in the making he is not!
The Snow White Anna is a picture from the church fall festival. Three different costumes for 3 different parties. Anna subscribes to the theory, never be seen in the same costume twice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I always want to pick out the costumes I like, but I am always outnumbered. Oh, and Quinton also would not stick his hand down in that pumpkin. So of course after we realized he hated the "pumpkin guts" (as he called them), we thought it was funny to throw them at him while he ran around and screamed. Someone should call social service. Hahaha

Anonymous said...

Oh, that last comment was from me. Brandy

Presley said...

ROBIN! Thanks for the shoutout in the post! HA! Halloween was quite the dilemma for a while there! I should be more laid back and accomodating, like you. :)

I am so sorry the ghost cookies were more of an adventure than you had imagined! They were quite yummy, agree?

Been following about your mom...glad she is doing well. I am sure this will make her feel better in the long run!

Headed your way for the wedding on the 22nd. Would love to see y'all! We are doing the trip in a day...with three kids, though. We'll see!