My baby girl on her 4th birthday (party)


We also had Tinkerjuice (it was a Tinkerbell party). Tinkerjuice is green hot chocolate. The kids loved making it (especially Addie). It tastes horrible, but is available at WDW!

The girls jumped in the jumper...

While the boys played football and soccer. This was the first year we let boys come to Anna's party.

And we had purple sand in the sandbox. I found this sand on clearance at Walmart for $.50 a bag! It is now down to $.25 a bag. I really do love a bargain!!!

The mommies sat on the porch and drank their coffee and hot chocolate...
While the Daddies stood by the fire.
Anna and Anna Dale came up to me and said let's open the presents. Anna Dale leaned over and peeked in one of the bags and said, "Oooh, Annnna!" I love girls!
Anna is not quite the social butterfly Andrew and I are. She is much more like her Daddy. One time Anna heard me tell someone she was shy. A little later Anna told me, "Remember, Mommy, I am shy. Mommy, what does shy mean." Andrew was super pumped about Anna's party. He loves a good party and having people over (just like his mommy). I kept asking Anna if she was excited about her party while I was setting up. She said why do you keep asking me that? Later she said Mom, I am super pumped about my party. What does pumped mean? After Anna opened her gifts, she went inside for a nap (while the party was still going on).

The boys went inside to watched the football game! They lost, we won this week!!!

Balloons are such a great addition to party.


The boys went inside to watched the football game! They lost, we won this week!!!

Balloons are such a great addition to party.

It almost hurts me to type 4th Birthday. Is it possible my baby is 4!?! I guess it is appropriate the last post is a newborn picture of her. She is so big. Anyway, her birthday party was on Saturday, her actual birthday is not until the 30th, so she keeps asking if she is four yet. I keep saying, not yet, but her rebuttal is, but I had my party, and the cycle continues. Yesterday at church someone asked her how old she was, and she stared up at me with absolute confusion! Poor kid. It is terrible to have your birthday in the middle of holidays! That is why we had the party so early, otherwise everyone (including us) would be out-of-town for the holidays!
Anyway we had the party in our backyard, and although it was cold, it was comfortable. All Anna wanted for her birthday was a jumper. And although I tried everything to discourage it, she finally won, we she said with a defeated and sad voice, "Mommy, we can just have whatever kind of party YOU want to have." So, I ordered the jumper, made hot chocolate, and coffee, Dan built a fire, and we told everyone to dress warm! It was originally a costume party, but we dropped the costumes for jackets! We had a great time, and I am so thankful for all our friends!
On Sunday, Dan was ordained as a deacon. I am so proud of him. He really does portray all the qualifications that are described for a deacon in the bible. It is amazing the work God had done in his life. He got up to talk in church, and I asked the kids if they wanted to stay and watch. They said yes, and wanted to know what a deacon was. I tried my best to explain, and Anna asked, "Will he still be my daddy?" Andrew was pretty fascinated with the whole thing. I hope he will remember that day always, and strive to live a life pleasing to Jesus always (and Anna too)! Thanks Toni for your help!
6 comments:
Bless her little heart. She was going to let you have whatever party you wanted. Hmmm.... I'm guessing it is about time for baby number 3. Brandy
I cannot believe she is already 4 either. It seems like yesterday that I came to see her. Time just goes by to quickly. I guess you can just ahead with number 3 since she is such a big girl now.
Tell Danny we are proud of him too. It is just amazing what God does in our lives. You both are great examples for people to follow.
Love you and miss you,
Daphne
What a great party and so exciting for Dan!
wow! i can't believe they are 4! seems like yesterday we were at mommy and me with our little 4 month olds...doesn't it?! looks like a fun party!
Looks like so much fun! I apologize for not getting back with you. I am sure you are not surprised! I have good intentions, though! I just could not pull it all off in one day. I even packed Anna a present! But, I knew Ann Elise would not stay without us and we did not make it to town in time to swing by. I really hate I missed visiting with you.
Wow! What an awesome party! And how AWESOME for Dan! Don't know if I told you or not, but Terry got elected as a deacon, too. He will not be ordained until January. Susan
Post a Comment