Saturday, March 31, 2007
Baby Jayden
So, this will be a long story. But, as most of you know, I have been very busy these past couple of weeks (maybe months). But Tuesday was snack day and I was going to bake homemade Easter cookies for Andrew to bring to his class. Monday, I start making them from the powder mix and cutting them out with Easter Cookie cutters. I need 28. I get to 25 and run out of dough! I am not happy because the box says you can get 36, and the cookies are not that big. So fast forward to Tuesday morning... Kim calls, and I have overslept because I had been at a radio board meeting the night before. I send Andrew with Kim. The school calls to remind me that Andrew is the "cookie monster" today. I say I know, I am on my way. So, Anna and I run to the grocery store to pick up "cheese nips." I have given up on my almost homemade cookies. We are standing in line and two ladies in front of me seem to be in a big hurry. There is a very elderly old lady being checked out, and you could tell it would be a while. They ask where the other cashier is, and she had to go to the restroom.. Well, that cashier emerges, and we all dash to her line. The ladies in front of me say I can go ahead of them, they need to get some Tylenol. I say thanks so much (we are in a hurry too). The lady says my 5 month old grandson is in the hospital. I say I am so sorry. She says they have just given him a 10% chance to live. I tell her I am on my way to Bible Study, and that I will put him on the prayer list. We have an amazing group of praying ladies. She starts SHOUTING and crying "Praise Jesus! I knew there was a God and He has heard our prayers. God sent you here to us." I start crying, the cashier starts crying, everyone is crying. I ask her if I can do anything for her, and she says we are from a little town about an hour away, and we don't know anything about the town, etc. I call Kristin when I get in the car, and she heads straight to the hospital with gifts, money for the vending machine, a bible, etc. When she handed the bible to the mother, she said, I just told my mom I wish I had a bible with me. I wish I could be more like Kristin. She takes me with her to the hospital after Josie's party. I meet the mother and father, and they could not be more than 18 years old. The mother had put the baby to sleep on her bed with pillows around him. He rolled into the pillows and suffocated. So, all that to say is pray for this little boy. The doctor has told them it is in God's hands now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! What a story! If you have an update, please let me know!
Post a Comment