So, as most of you know, I have struggled with what to do with Andrew at school next year. He has an August birthday, so we would like him to be the oldest in the class rather than the youngest. Since he is in PK4 now, what do we do about next year? Well, I found out that there is a 1/2 day Kindergarten class at one of the churches in town, and that many parents use it as a "Jr." Kindergarten for kids like Andrew with these summer birthdays. And since Andrew begs not to go the Lunch Bunch, I figured sending him to an all day PK4 program didn't make the most since. Needless to say I have been stressed.
So, yesterday I tell Andrew we are going to go see his new, big boy school. He proceeds to hide under the covers in the bed for the next 30 minutes. In my limited knowledge about parenting, I tell him, if he doesn't like that school, Mommy will find you a new school. Kim calls in the meantime, and I tell her how upset my baby boy is, and how Mommy has promised to fix it, and Kim starts to counsel me. She says in her opinion, it usually just works better if I explain to Andrew that I am the parent, and this is the decision Mommy has made. I love him and I am always there for him, but I am doing what is best for him. Wow! So, I am suppose to be the adult, not him? Who would have thought.
So, then Rachel calls and says they are on their way to the new school too, and Caleb is not happy. I suggest we go together and bribe them with McDonald's afterwards! Great plan. So we get to the school and they are thrilled to see each other as are the two little sisters. So the FOUR children become WILD. I guess it is better than crying and clinging to Mommy! I was very impressed with the school. Andrew's favorite things were the HUGE playground, the "Big Kid" Lego's like Gigi has, the computer room, but best of all they have miniature URINALS! The director asked me if he knew how to use one, and of course I said I have no idea, I have never been in the men's bathroom with him! He does apparently know how to use them, and if I had my camera with me, that is the picture I would have taken to put with this post, but you will just have to use your imagination. Caleb and Andrew using the MINIATURE URINALS! Isn't big school great!
I almost cried when I walked into the classroom, and they had DESKS, not table and chairs, but DESKS. I don't think he is old enough for a desk! Where does the time go?
Sidebar...New BLOG friends. You can click on the sidebar, but Shea is my new "cyber" friend and knows a lot about digital scrapbooking. Between her and Megan, I may learn something! And also another "cyber" friend Jenny has given me advice. I will get her link later! The good news is I actually have real friends that I have personally met joining the BLOG world. I am so excited. I think it really makes me look bad that all my BLOG friends are only "cyber" friends. Anyway, Elizabeth my friend here, and Daphne one of my best friends from college are now blogging. I am trying my hardest to get Jennifer on to blogging because she had the funniest kid stories I have ever heard!
No comments:
Post a Comment