Sunday, March 4, 2007

Meet the Sickly's


Thursday night, 10:20 pm, Anna wakes up throwing up. I take her to the bathtub that I have just cleaned that day!!! (she throws up on the shower curtain). Anna continues to throw up for the next 4 hours every 10 minutes. Then every 30 minutes, then every hour until 8:00AM (yes, 10 hours of throw up). And throws up for the last time right when the doctor's office opens! I still get my phenegrin prescription so I will be prepared for the next victim! Thank goodness for Kim. She took Andrew to school, went to the grocery for me, went to get the prescription they couldn't fine, went to pick up Andrew, bring him home, and went back to get my prescription! All with Baby Hadley (10 weeks old). God Bless you , Kim! By 3:00, I had my prescription! Anna was fine...


Saturday 9:00 am, Andrew's 3rd soccer game. I stay home with Anna. I may get to see one game eventually. They almost could have won, but Jonathon didn't get there until half-time. Dan is so mad at Denise (Jonathon's mom). Note to all mothers, be on time to soccer games, and if you are late, don't have the excuse I was reading a good book, and I couldn't put it down!


I have planned all week Saturday from 12-5 would be work day in our house! Dan comes home from the game, puts half the boxes in the attic and falls prey to "the virus". Now, had Anna not had it, I would have thought he didn't want to participate in Family Work Day, but since Anna had it, I knew he wasn't faking it. He got the first round of Phenegrin.


So, Saturday the kids and I get things ready for the Consignment Sale. That is what this picture is. When Andrew got the Exersaucer, his feet didn't even touch the ground! Too big, too fast.
Saturday night/Sunday morning two kids awake 3:00 am and up for about 2 hours (Dan, sleeping off the phenegrin). 8:00 AM ~ Sunday morning, not going to church, too tired, Denise calls, remember Andrew is singing in church this morning. CRAP! Andrew loves to sing in church! Okay, we will come. Dan, can you keep Anna for me to run Andrew to church? Dan, unresponsive (Phenegrin high). Robin, Andrew, and Anna rush past the choir right in time to sing! Sign of relief... we make it! Andrew gets stage fright! Clings to Mommy! HE WILL NOT GET UP THERE AND SING!!! Beat him or find the humor in the situation?!?
After church, we go to the youth auction. Mommy is so tired she can't keep her eyes open. Bright spot of day... Denise, Michelle, and I (and husbands) win the 3 hour limo ride!!!


4 comments:

Renee Guest said...

So many people are getting this stomach virus! It has hit almost every family that I know! I just got your comment about how many mutual friends we have! It is really a small world. I love Mississippi! My husband's friend Shawn knows alot of Northwest guys from soccer - is that who your husband knows?

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin!
It's JoAnn. I am addicted to your blog!!!!! I know all about stomach viruses too! Just wanted to let you know about a fantastic and really cute Dr. down here who prescribed the phinegran to us in a lotion form (made at compounding pharmacy)- a whole lot better than the traditional method!!!! ;) will chat more later!

Jenny said...

hey robin! a while back you asked about digital scrapbooking, and i saved your comment, but forgot to reply! i'm just now catching up! anyway, i use digital kits...you can get them at www.twopeasinabucket.com, www.thedigichick.com and www.digitalscrapbookplace.com. I'm sure there are others, but those are the three i've bought from the most. then you use photoshop to create your page. you open up one of your papers on file, add a picture, type in your font, and your done!!! you can get them printed at www.printmyscrapbook.com. Hope this helps!!! your children are adorable!

Jenny said...

another one i've used that i LOVE is www.theshabbyshoppe.com