Saturday, February 24, 2007

Small World of Blogs!!!


Okay, so if I haven't convinced you yet that you too should join the blog world, then I know this will. Here is my story, but I can only use first names as Susan has fueled by paranoia that I can't give out too much info so no one will be able to kidnap my kids or become my stalker (as she says). I guess no one would be interested in Dan. They should, however, he is a really good provider, husband, and father ~ what more could anyone want!


Anyway, back to my story. Around Christmas by friend Rachel (who lives here) tells me I need to get a blog. I say I don't know what that is. She says I could post pictures and keep out-of-town friends and family updated on our life. She says our friend Megan has one. I say I don't have time to do that, and no one would read it...End of story, right?


Wrong! Susan (place I used to live friend) calls me in January saying she can not find any boy artwork for the nursery. Did I have any suggestions on where to look. I told her I would call Amy (college friend) who works at a baby boutique that is owned by Bethany (college friend). Amy says there is a new artist and she had a website (blog). I tell her I have heard of blogs thanks to Rachel. The blog is Mary Katherine . So, I check it out, and it is really cute stuff. She has another link to a website and it is Renee for stationary and monogramed stuff. Also adorable. And who do I find on the last blog, but Carly's (high school friend) son's birth announcement!!! So, now I am just intrigue by these blogs, and they have links to their personal blogs and their friends! So, I start "stalking" them, and I find a friend from high school whom I haven't seen since we graduated!! It is Kara ! Now, isn't that fascinating!!!

So, just be warned, blogging is addictive!

Also, I think I now have it set up so you can post a comment, but not have to register. I know you are reading because I added a counter just to be sure someone was reading this! I would love to hear from you, and view your blog, and then stalk your friends! Doesn't that sound like something you don't have time for? Don't be so fast to judge!!!

Hope this finds everyone well. Anna has fallen to the flu just as Andrew has made a full recovery! It is really my fault, as Thursday I told Dan, "I just really can't believe Anna didn't catch the flu!" The picture was taken on the day everyone was well, and I was sure there was no way Andrew could possibly still be contagious!

Mom has been here this week, and it was so helpful. Hopefully, she won't get sick. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures as we were so busy!

Andew got to play in his first soccer game, but I didn't get to go since I was home with Anna. Dan and the dads said they were much more competitive this time! Yea Coach Dan and the Heroes!!!

Cindy, has left for Disney today. I feel so sorry for them as they are having to stay at the GRAND FLORIDIAN!!! I am so jealous! Hope you all get there safely and have a great time!

7 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

This is such a small world! I was wondering how you found me! Mary Catherine (The Khaki Patch) and I go to the same church - what a small world! Yes, let's keep searching and see who else we can find! Talked to Kristi A. from high school the other day and she might be starting a blog also! I will put your link on my blog - if that is ok. Don't you love being nosey into other peoples blogs???!!!

The Segrest Family said...

THANKS! for the shout out! i know, it is a wonder that i find the time to go along my 'blog rabbit trail'!!! it does become an obsession. and you will see it become a responsibility to post!
glad you found me... ill check back!
thanks again,
mary katherine
www.thekhakipatch.blogspot.com

The Segrest Family said...

and oh yeah,
i fixed my pictures on the post that you commented on... for some reason, blogger wasn't cooperating!

Renee Guest said...

Hey! And thank you for my shout out too! It is so much fun having my business and I love being able to create fun things for mom's just like me! Your little girl is adorable! Thanks for keeping up with my blog and Baby Face Design!
Did you go to Northwest? I went to JA but I lived out here at the reservoir so I knew a bunch of Northwest people! Small world!
Thanks again for the sweet comments and the plug!
Blessings!
Renee Guest
www.babyfacedesign.blogspot.com
www.babyfacedesign.com

The Segrest Family said...

uh oh- i don't want you to think that i meant that you had to comment! i meant that i feel the pressure to post new pictures or people will start sending me hate emails!!! ha!

Erin said...

Robin,
You are right, it's a little addicting!

Renee Guest said...

Hey. I just checked the comment from today. Sorry that your baby is sick. That is so sad! :(
Anna Blair was my best friend growing up - my maid of honor. We both lived in Sunrise Point growing up (and me and my family still do along with her parents. )
There is a picture of Anna Blair and her sweet husband Andrew in my archives somewhere. they are about to move to Hawaii for a year or so.